Monday, October 8, 2012

Man's Gifts vs. God's Gifts

"Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord." - Proverbs 19:14

Dear Lord,
Thank You for placing me right where You want me to be in life. It is so awesome to experience the things that You have ordained for me from the beginning. I ask today that You guard my heart from focusing on the worldly gifts that we could try to provide for our children. If it is in Your will to bless us with certain financial opportunities, let us recognize it and be good stewards. However, let my main focus be on providing a solid spiritual foundation for my family. I ask specifically that You help me to be prudent. Holy Spirit, fill me with discipline and sound judgment. Help me to be creative and frugal in the use of resources You have given us. Show me how to use my talents to the best of my ability. Allow these characteristics to be a blessing to my husband, children, and extended family. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment