Monday, July 23, 2012

Work Ethic

"For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: 'If a man will not work, he shall not eat.'" - 2 Thessalonians 3:10

Dear God,
Thank You for the knowledge, strength, and giftings You have given me. Because of You, I am able to work and accomplish life goals that are important to our family. As I raise this child, I pray that You will help me display a strong work ethic in everything that I do. I pray that our child will be diligent and rewarded for a job well done. Show me, even as he/she is little, what things he/she can do that would encourage him/her to complete a task. Help me to build upon these tasks little by little so that he/she can reap a harvest of helpfulness, consistency, dependability, and diligence. Keeping a healthy balance, however, let our child not find his/her identity in work, but his/her purpose and rest in You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment