Saturday, August 11, 2012

Wisdom for Building

"The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down." - Proverbs 14:1

Lord,
I know that it takes years of intentional, Christ-centered devotion to build a home. On the other hand, I know that a home can be destroyed by the enemy in a matter of minutes. I ask that You give me the strength and wisdom needed to build a house full of trust, faithfulness, security, self-esteem, and loyalty. I pray against idleness, laziness, pridefulness, covetousness, anger, lack of self-control, doubt, and bitterness. Help me to nuture and protect my family from these things so that they have a place to seek shelter when the storms of life come. I praise You today for being the Master Builder. You craft us so articulately with such skill. Guide me as I try to do the same. Help me to build up, not tear down. In Your name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment