Monday, August 6, 2012

Entertainment

"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. BUt everything exposed by the light becomes visible. This is why it is said: 'Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.'" - Ephesians 5:11-14

Dear God,
I thank You for Your Holy Spirit, that provides me with guidance and discernment at all times. Today, I ask that You show me truth and give me wisdom when it comes to entertainment. Help me know what criteria certain forms of entertainment must meet before I allow it in my home. Make me aware of the truths and untruths that are presented on television shows, movies, games, and the internet or in books, magazines, and music. Let me not be passive about what is going into the mind and heart of my little one. Help Adam and I guard our own hearts as well, so that we can be a good example to our child. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment