Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mentors

"Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding?" - Job 12:12
"These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and children." - Titus 2:4

Father,
Thank You for the examples of motherhood You've provided and continue to provide for me. Help me honor and respect the women in my life for the jobs they have done raising children. Allow my eyes and ears to see and hear the advice You may be sending me through others. Let me receive it as You intended. When ungodly advice is given, let Your Spirit fill me with graciousness and humility. Help me to respond in a kind and respectful fashion. Surround me with mentors that You have selected, and protect me from those whose advice is worldly and unhelpful. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment