Thursday, May 17, 2012

Forty Weeks of Spiritual Journey

"And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights." - Genesis 7:12
"The Israelites had moved about the desert for forty years." - Joshua 5:6
"Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry." - Matthew 4:1-2

Lord,
What a wonder that You selected a gestation period of forty weeks! Let me learn from the stories in the Bible in which your followers perservered for a specific length of time to receive a newness that You promised.  During the trying times of my journey, give me strength, endurance, an open heart to learn, and open ears to hear Your voice. Give me the patience I need to wait for the promise that You are giving me through parenthood. Prepare me as the pregnancy progresses. Let me cling to You for direction and diligence. Thank You for allowing me to walk this spiritual journey with You. Amen.


*For more about the number forty in the Bible, visit http://www.40day.com/40_in_the_bible.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment