Saturday, November 24, 2012

Birthing Pains as Good

"My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you ..." - Galatians 4:19

Dear God,
Thank You for forming Christ in my life. I know that my walk has been a process and will continue to be until the day I come to spend eternity with You. I thank You that You are birthing new things in me daily, especially the opportunity to be a mother. As I grow in expectancy, prepare the heart of my son/daughter to receive You.  Cultivate a spirit that is teachable and workable. As I watch my child grow physically, spiritually, and emotionally, help me labor in love for him/her. Let me be encouraged to intercede in prayer for my children and stand in the gap when needed. Birth new things in my child each day, Lord. Help me not to focus on the birthing pains associated with spiritual and physical growth, but allow me to accept that such processes bring forth good. I ask for this strength in Your name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment