Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Mother's Poem

In the quiet moments of the day,
I reflect on you and am filled with praise.
Hidden away from human eyes,
You're a miracle of God's design.

Expectantly I pray for you.
You're in my thoughts and in all I do.
What will you look like? What will you be?
What will you accomplish by age two or three?

You're like the morning, fresh and new,
Just as the roses kissed with dew.
I long for the day we're face to face,
Cradling you in my warm embrace.

My mother's heart is fully aware
Of all I'd like to teach and share.
I am immersed in joy and love
At God's blessed gift sent from above.

I pledge to parent with God's way in mind
And leave a legacy of faith behind.
My life, in turn, will be blessed, too,
Through the life that God has given you!

- Jennifer J. Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment